Children in Harmony with Nature
- Being outdoors helps create a sense of wonder in children, which they can carry over to other aspects of their life.
- Being out in nature helps children to become more aware. Nature gives children the chance to engage all their senses of perception.
- Modern life is too regimented and deprives children of the opportunity of exploring and learning by themselves. In this context, the role of nature to stimulate their curiosity is even more important.
- According to educationists, the opportunity to explore nature helps children improve their attention span and learning capacity.
- Research has proven that exposure to green outdoor setting helps to reduce symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorders in children.
- Outdoor activity offers children the opportunity of fresh air and exercise. Both are important to help children keep physically and mentally fit.
- Being in and enjoying nature is an important part of children’s development.
- Ecological degradation is an unfortunate reality today. Nurturing a bond between children and nature is important to ensure that the coming generation grows up to value nature.